Great Politics Dissertation Topics to Inspire You
Dissertation is like a nightmare even for the brightest students because it is a time-consuming task where each student must conduct sufficient research and remain focused on the same set of facts for the entire year (or more) of writing it. When it comes to politics, writing matters become even more confusing because it is a sensitive field with numerous fields and opinions that must be addressed. The main tasks include finding reliable sources and developing various data samples based on surveys, interviews, or statistical data. It is exactly what must be done when approaching politics dissertation ideas style.
Finding reliable sources is another matter that must be addressed because not every bit of information is good enough for inclusion. Most importantly, if you truly want to succeed with your political dissertation, you must find a theme that you feel truly passionate about. But how does one choose among politics dissertation topics and find something inspirational? We have compiled a list of relevant dissertation topics on politics that are worth exploring. Take a closer look and choose something that ticks your inner strings!
Topics For Your Future Politics Dissertation
To be sure there is something intriguing for you, we have selected 8 most relevant groups of themes. Each has 9 topics, with all of them presenting either modern or historical value for researchers.
9/11 Politics Dissertation Topics
Remember to remain respectful and sensitive to the victims of this terrible inhuman act as you choose your subject. Here are some helpful ideas to consider:
- 9/11 tragedy as an excuse for American military aggression
- Actions taken by American government prior to 9/11: foundation for a long-term military plan
- Effects that were done by September 11 attacks on the US political system
- 9/11 &: Connection, repercussions, precedents
- Consequences caused by attacks on World Trade Centre on world’s politics
- Actions that could prevent future terrorist attacks: 9/11 as a case study
- International reaction to September 11 attacks
- Shaping political attitudes among families of victims who died on 9/11
- Three most influential speeches given after 9/11: Motivation & impact
- Actions that were taken after 9/11 happened
- New facts emerging about the 9/11 tragedy
- The role of media in the coverage of the 9/11 attacks
- The rehabilitation of the firefighters participating in recovery and rescue works
- Biden vs Tramp on 9/11 issues
- How did the foreign policies of Great Britain change through the lens of 9/11
Problems Related to Africa
Good topics for a politics dissertation that deals with Africa are not easy to find, yet the majority of subjects that you usually see in other fields will apply to the African continent. With the crucial role that Africa has in the world, there are politics dissertation ideas that students could choose from.
- African governance forms & their negative influence on region
- African corruption: Political deals with other countries & parties that benefit from it
- Ineffective medical care in Africa as a result of manipulations
- Flawed & effective public funds usage
- How African politics contributes to the gap between classes
- Youth unemployment on African continent
- Challenges with population growth. Its potential disastrous consequences
- Al-Shabaab Activities – their destructive impact on life of African population
- African civil wars: Their consequences for Africa
- Mitigating human trafficking – reasons & ways
- Monopolisation of political and economic power in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The roots of Apartheid in South Africa.
- Social resistance to power convergency in Nigeria.
- Governing ideologies that helped end Transatlantic slavery.
- The challenges of ethnic and political pluralism of the African continent.
Arabs and the Israelis Dissertation Topics
Since this topic is quite controversial, it is recommended to narrow things down a little bit to achieve the best results with your politics dissertation.
- Repercussions posed by Arabs & Israelis for ’s well-being
- Arabs living on Israel territories: Their meaning on international & local scales
- The & the USA roles in conflict between Arabs and Israelis
- Emigrants from Israel and the UAE who live in Great Britain
- government attitude towards independent Arab nations. Its consequences for relations with Israel
- Anglo-Israeli relationship from political prism: Potential Arab intervention
- participation in the Arab-Israeli War. Way its future intervention looks like
- Arab-Israeli conflict influence on world’s political system
- favouritism is shown to Arabs rather than Israeli population
- Coexistence & problems associated with Brexit
- Arab-Israeli conflict: religion vs economics analysis.
- The role of the Arabic League in the Israeli-Palestine conflict.
- The proposal of the two-state solution offered by the USIP.
- The political history of the Middle East landscape: an ethical study of region’s political philosophy.
- How do transatlantic corporations regulate their control spheres in the Middle East?
More info: Choose among a lot of history dissertation topics. Let your essay be cool!
Dissertation Topics on Pakistan and Afghanistan
It is hard to underestimate the role of politics in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. Choosing politics dissertation topics, remember to explore both sides of the issue regardless of qualitative or quantitative dissertation methodology approach. War and terrorism dissertation ideas are always valuable due to their contribution to politics world they might make.
- soldiers fighting for Pakistan & Afghanistan: Motivation & goals
- World Cup, a conflict between Pakistan & Afghanistan: Britain reaction
- Foreign policy demonstrated by regarding Pakistan & Afghanistan
- Afghanistan–Pakistan relations & leverage that possesses as its source of influence on both regions
- Great Britain supporting development of Afghanistan vs Pakistan conflict
- Durand Line – its global consequences
- Leaders meeting representing Afghanistan, Pakistan, Britain: Meaning & future scenario
- Five steps – How Britain could help resolve Afghanistan–Pakistan conflict
- Reasons for invasion in Afghanistan as related to Pakistan
- Pakistan-Afghanistan Conflict: Ways to resolve
- The political ties between Afghanistan and Pakistan: the history of Taliban movement.
- The political conflict of the US-Pakistan relationship in the rebuilding of Afghanistan.
- How did parliament explain sending troops to Afghanistan.
- The Soviets’ presence in Afghanistan: a trampoline to education and peace.
- Human rights and politics: a comparison between Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Politics and Media Dissertation Topics
It is often said that media cannot exist without politics, which is partially true since the media’s purpose is to reflect social and political life in the country.
- Media support that was shown towards capitalism and democracy concepts
- Right wing – left wing: print media preferences
- How media views Brexit & which political stances it supports
- Ways in which politicians affect media
- Scandals that media buried: Guilty parties & corruption
- News coverage of international aggression: Truth or myths
- Online media as a more honest form of news coverage
- UK media attempts to rewrite history
- Interaction between the UN & media: Mutual dependency
- Changing nature of published articles over three decades
- How does social media influence politics during Covid-19 times?
- Do newspapers in print still play their role in politics?
- Is electronic voting more honest than an in-person voting system?
- Should schoolchildren become involved in politics?
- Media bias and freedom of speech.
Dissertation Topics about Political parties
Even though we all have heard about political parties writing a dissertation on political parties is a challenging task. In order to make it easier, consider reading about the history and objectives of each party as you write a dissertation.
- Presidential and parliamentary forms of government.
- UK labour party and its agenda: Examination of history & goals
- conservative party: Development & future
- House of Lords and its influence on development
- House of Commons versus House of Lords: People’s preference & reasoning
- Three major parties in Great Britain, forces that shaped them
- Elections in Britain and political forces that affect them: Transparency & secrecy
- False democracy: How parties ruined it within last ten years
- Participation of parties in international civil wars
- Top parties representing government
- The role of the Conservative Party in an analysis of post-Brexit consequences.
- Liberal Democrats and decentralisation of state power.
- Whigs and Tories opposition on reforming of parliament.
- The Green Party and its take on political economy and EU-positive subjects.
- The Brexit Party and an inheritance tax: pros and cons.
Useful info: Our professional writers help with dissertation proposal so fast!
Politics and Religion Dissertation Topics
Politics and religion are not supposed to mix, yet it is not always the case, which is often reflected in the works of historians, journalists, educators, and political science specialists. Here are some good dissertation topics dealing with religious constituents:
- How religion affects development of its politics
- Largest religious groups as sources of influence in a country
- Religious policies promoted by non-religious parties
- Wars fuelled by religion – participation in them
- Ways in which politics has influenced development of religion on territory
- Religious beliefs of leaders and how it affects their decisions
- True faith versus false faith: Authenticity of politicians
- Religion as a weapon used by politicians to achieve their goals
- Terrorism as a result of region and politics confrontation
- Desire of public servants to cultivate their status among religious population
- The role of religion in foreign politics.
- The reasons for the decrease of interest in religion during social distancing times.
- Political philosophy of C.S. Lewis and his religious beliefs.
- Irish-speaking communities and their religious traditions through the lens of English-language politics.
- Globalisation and the emergence of new religions.
Useful info: “I need help with my dissertation“! Writix is here: 24/7 assistance for students.
Electoral Systems Dissertation Topics
political system has several important features when it comes down to the election, which is unique when compared to the rest of the world. Think over the cons and pros and explore the facts related to voting history before you start.
- Voting attitudes shaped by the influence of electoral systems
- Electoral systems as related to the European union
- Ethnic diversity inside electoral systems
- True influence voters have on election outcomes in Britain
- Patterns witnessed within electoral systems over the last 10 years
- Electoral systems comparison: US & as a case study
- Electoral systems models, their consequences on political atmosphere
- Extremism demonstrated in electoral systems
- Elections results: Authenticity & forgeries
- Voting System – Structure & drawbacks
- The peculiarities of electoral system.
- How has Brexit change analysis methods of voting results.
- Accessibility to voting among people with disabilities.
- An ethical factor of staying honest during political campaigns.
- How can electronic voting improve the transparency of political system?
International Relations Dissertation Topics
Great Britain is famous for its strong international politics, which have been seriously affected by the conflict in Afghanistan and the Brexit controversy among other things. We came up with the list of modern politics topics to consider for your dissertation:
- How do foreign policies in Afghanistan address the local human rights system?
- How much is affected by international Covid politics?
- The role of culture and political parties in India during modern times.
- Double standards in political relations between the United States and .
- Has the European Union forced to come up with Brexit?
- International environmental campaigns: participation of NGOs.
- How did education system change because of immigration politics?
- Alliances formation and The Lords International Relations and Defence Committee.
- The role of the Foreign Affairs Committee in the Afghan conflict.
- US and China relationship: why it affects Great Britain negatively.
Politics Dissertation Topics
Some people may either approve or blame politics for their achievements or shortages, yet it can’t be denied that we all are affected by them in this way or another. Below are some competitive topics dealing with politics:
- The most apparent factors that make NHS management practices political during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Political turmoil during the education crisis and remote-learning accessibility issues.
- Women’s safety politics: domestic violence and labour slavery.
- Extradiction policies and the challenges of legislation.
- Brexit politics and food shortages.
- Self-isolation and human rights politics issued by the NHS vs claims of politicians.
- politics role in the collapse of Afghanistan.
- Coronavirus restrictions lifting: pros and cons of current NHS politics.
- Labour party’s adapting to multilevel politics as shown by general election manifest.
- How does the current political system impact defence capabilities of the country.
Remember to always include reliable sources as you cite politicians, refer to newspapers, or provide any information that is not originally yours. It will help you to provide due evidence and avoid plagiarism issues.
Find Quality Dissertation Help with Writix
As you can see, there are many politics dissertation ideas, and you can choose any if it stirs your interest. If you need help with actual writing process, let Writix know! We have experienced experts working on every order, and they’ve already completed hundreds of complex dissertations on different topics. They could do yours easily, producing results that will make a profound impression on your supervisor. Chat with us, tell us about your requirements, and relax, secure in knowledge that your work is in good hands!